Minooka, IL 60447 US
Attention all kitchen aficionados! We're on the hunt for a Kitchen Supervisor to join our bustling food distribution center in Minooka, IL. Previous experience working with food is a must, while warehouse or distribution center experience is preferred but not required. If you're passionate about food and ready to take on a new challenge, apply today and be part of our vibrant team!
Job Title: Kitchen Supervisor | Shift: TBD | Salary: $47, 500-$52k
Job Purpose: Supervise the day-to-day activities of the shipping and receiving operations of the distribution center. The supervisor directs teams of employees to meet the safety, quality, and productivity goals of the operation. Improve and maintain the sanitation processes of the facility. Improve customer satisfaction by increasing service levels, such as fill rates and on time shipments. Assist the Departmental and the Operations Managers as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure housekeeping and cleanliness of all work areas. Ensure products are placed in the proper receptacles. Ensure dock areas, outside dock areas, aisles, break areas, bathrooms and shipping offices are organized, clean, free of debris, and in good working condition.
- Effectively schedule allotted staff to cover all departments over a 7-day workweek.
- Control overtime, direct and indirect labor costs.
- Establish and hold daily departmental start-up meetings to communicate daily volumes, establish expectations, and safety topics.
- hour prior to shift prepares for the shift turnover meeting and reviews the following:
- Outbound and inbound volumes for the day
- Review all HOT and cross-dock vendor receiving/shipping status.
- Review the remaining carry over work that needs to be completed, call offs, and scheduled over time
- Ensure all safety policies are followed and training is completed as required.
- Ensure all products are received and put away properly.
- Implement auditing procedures as needed
- Coordinate with yardmen to ensure proper trailers are backed in for the outbound loading process.
- Communicate with transportation the status of loads and any expected delays in meeting required completion times.
- Manage the implementation of new company policies and procedures.
- Work closely with staff to insure that quality and productivity requirements are maintained and communicated to each associate
- Supervise and control indirect time.
- Ensure all overhead doors are locked at the end of the shift.
- Research and assist the Operations Manager and the Department Manager in responding to mis-ship complaints from the customer.
- Review and validate daily and weekly timesheets for payroll purposes
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Assure accuracy and efficiency in receiving, storage and shipping of quality merchandise utilizing Warehouse Audit Reports and performing daily visual checks.
- Work closely with Customer Service and Inventory Control, to maintain quality levels and to communicate operational as well as inventory issues.
- Control In-house damage costs through associate awareness and discipline.
- Monitor work of all of the Warehouse Operational Staff.
- Evaluate the work of associates through performance appraisals and observations and assist, as necessary, in helping to improve performance.
- Be involved in monthly safety meetings and follow up to minimize hazards.
- Support proper performance by implementing disciplinary actions as needed.
- Insure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Review and update timesheets daily for assigned employee s payroll reports.
- Develop Lead Warehouse Associates and all direct reports to maximize their ability and help achieve their career goals.
- Assist in the management of the Warehouse cost per case, fill-rate, on- time shipment schedule, and the OSHA Recordable Injury rates.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Fill rate targets
- On time schedules both inbound and outbound
- Cost per case expense
- Attainment of departmental and personal goals set with the manager
- OSHA Recordable Accident Rate
- Other Department Specific Measurements
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a self-initiator who can implement and supervise all warehouse distribution programs as directed by the Department Manager and the Operations Manager.
- High level of computer and WMS system literacy.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to manage and lead a diverse workforce.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 40lbs
- Sitting at a computer for long periods of time
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of temperatures.