Supply Chain Transportation Dispatch
Minooka, IL 60447 US
Now Hiring in Minooka, IL; apply now!
Shift: 7AM-3: 30pm
Job Purpose: This position reports directly to the Logistics Manager and under general
direction will be responsible for scheduling and dispatching carrier loads by
coordinating, planning and assigning quoted shipments to specific contract
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safe, timely and professional passage of shipments from shipper to consignee by
assigning contracted carriers chosen by Logistics Manager
- Responsible in following Carrier Routing and Load Tendering Instructions for every truckload
shipment (FTL) processed. May handle less then truck load (LTL) shipments but will be handled
as needed basis through direction of Logistics Manager.
- Broker Dispatch he/she will have direct contact with carrier dispatch, drivers this may include
customer care to answer shipment inquiries and communicate shipment status. All issues are
first reported to Logistics Management prior to disclosing info.
- Confirms and/or processes orders and bills of lading with corresponding information and rates
provided by Logistics Manager.
- In the absence of Manager Broker Dispatch will use best judgment to comply last minute
request for shipments. Will manage as need basis
- Will scan, file, and log daily all paperwork. Will maintain logs and records by day, week, month
and year for brokerage purposes
- Will e-mail and fax all paperwork to command center/ back office to properly pay carriers on
time and invoice shipper of loads.
- Provides timely communication to customers and personnel on all aspects of shipment status
- Acts as point of contact for carriers dispatch departments (provides customer service and load
details including schedule carrier pick-ups)
- Documentation of daily shipments with a log of time of arrival, time of load and time of shipping.
- Create, update and close out all entries in the transportation management system.
- TruckMate, PC miler, and any Transportation Management System is preferred
- Must be able to follow written instruction, write clearly, and communicate well at all level.
Knowledge with Forwarding, Brokerage, and a 3PL environment preferred
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise during shipment while communicating with Mgr.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Some college preferred.
- Above average math comprehension.
- Attention to detail
- Brokerage, Freight Forwarder, 3PL Training preferred
- Must have 2 years of experience related to Traffic Management.
- 1 year prior experience brokering freight, with a current customer base, desired.
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT regulations pertaining to brokering, shipping and
-Must have complete knowledge of transportation documentation